Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Smiths.

Morrisey eh? Not much to say about dude that hasn't already been said a billion times over, especially on the internet. Anyway, bastard wrote lotsa good shit and here's some of it.


Came out the year I was born. Shit's real good, but my first foray into them was The Queen Is Dead. Check out How Soon Is Now? which I'm sure you've heard unless you were dead before 1985, fucking sonically solid song from the guitar to the bass line and of course the singing. Since I can't seem to find any other album versions on youtube you can have this Radiohead cover of The Headmaster Ritual which is the opening track of this album.










The Queen Is Dead. Easily my favorite album by them and actually probably one of my favorite albums period. I Know It's Over being probably my favorite track off the album. That runs into Never Had No One Ever which is followed by Cemetery Gates either. Second to last song on the album has always been a favorite of mine and can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment