Monday, June 29, 2009

Two Records That Are Completely Unrelated.

Pretty big disparity really.


Debut from The Boy Least Likely To. The genre on this is Twee. The best description I've heard of Twee is that you'd be embarrassed to have it blaring if you were in your car with your windows down and had to stop at a light. It's basically ultra happy sounding shit, however I dig it a lot and it usually cheers me up which doesn't usually happen from happy music. Check this and this (which is unfortunately unfinished).











Common's Be. I mean it's Common so it's not going to actually be bad unless it's Universal Mind Control. Also the production was done (by a half a million people) in an homage to Dilla which it isn't even close to but you can hear it. This is an awesome song despite being too short. Here's another.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed.

    PS, I'm really under the impression you very much love UMC. No matter what goes on, you're yappin about it. Love love love you do.

    Good work on the formatting, homeboy, shits lookin professional. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I've never heard of Twee before. But judging by your description, it would be right up my alley. I'll give it a listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got the joke. In all seriousness my main point of contention with that album is him lyrically turning his back on the greater majority of his past material, especially the reference to I Used To Love H.E.R. where he decides to denigrate women. Plus the fact that it otherwise sucks. ;) The reason I bring it up so often is that it is to you what Warren Zevon is to me, only I seem to have a few Warren Zevons and you only have one UMC. Thanks for the formatting help by the way, when I finally got to see a full page of the new format I realized how nice it really did look, so thanks again.


    Holly (saying AL or what not seems odd), I don't really recall your taste in music besides that I remember it being good so hopefully you like that album. It's a pretty happy and cutesy kinda album but I really dig it.

    ReplyDelete