Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fifteen.

Fifteen is a punk band out of California from a bit back that came out after Crimpshine was no more. Certainly not for everyone understandably but I dig it. Lotsa environmental, drug abuse, racism yadda yadda centered lyrics.



Album from 1994. Had the song that first got me into them when I heard a cover of it, Petroleum Distillation. Ok so apparently there's either a 30 second clip or a terrible live version, I went with the clip.














1999. Dedicated to friend and bass player Lucky who killed himself possibly in part to his speed addiction. Title track is clearly dedicated to him as well. My Congressman addresses the need for needle exchange programs and a handy way to remember how to clean your needles. Family Values covers working for a shitty boss/corporation.

2 comments:

  1. I'm listening to Petroleum Distillation right now, and I like it so far. The bass-line at the beginning drew me in.

    And it's funny that you recommended Neil Gaiman, because he's probably my favorite author. I would even go as far as to say that I have a huge literary crush on him. And Neverwhere was the first one of his I read. I was totally hooked from that point on. American Gods was probably my favorite though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Word. Admittedly I haven't listened to that first album much aside from that track, and generally steer towards the second but I do dig them. Lotta people can't get by Jeff Ott's voice which I get.

    Hah, nice. I don't know that I'd go as far as having a huge literary crush on him, well maybe a small one. Dude is good. Neverwhere was my first as well, then Anansi Boys, a short story here or there and I'm currently working on American Gods which is good so far. Don't usually dig the fantasy genre too much but can't help but like Gaiman.

    ReplyDelete